You are Here: Home>Terms & Conditions
Please read our terms and conditions prior booking – by booking you agree to these terms
House of Mark Booking Policy
The contract is for a short-term holiday rental of House of Mark made between the client and the owner, binding from such time that the booking is made and is inclusive of the following conditions.
(1) The person whose name appears on the booking form agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all members of the party adhere to the conditions.
(2) The number of people occupying House of Mark is limited to that stated on the website unless by prior consent with the owner.
Your contract is with House of Mark Glenesk. Angus. DD9 7YZ. Scotland.
- Bank Transfer
- Visa Debit / Delta
- Visa Credit
- Maestro / Switch
- A deposit equal to the total cost of the booking (100 %) and any other pre-booked requirement is required at the time of booking to secure your room/s
- The deposit will be refunded according to the cancellation policy.
- Balance payment required on departure and preferred payment method is cash or online banking. We also accept PayPal and Credit / Debit cards
- Late payment: A charge of 20% of the total invoice will be applied after each seven-day period beyond the invoice date.
All cancellations will be subject to a £20.00 administration charge plus any further cancellation charges. Refunds will be made payable 30 days after the original arrival date. Rearranged / amended date bookings for the same duration or additional days, will be eligible for the administration charge and cancellation fee to be set against the new booking.
- If the booking is cancelled less than 7 days before arrival then a charge equal to 50% of the stay will be made.
- If the booking is cancelled less than 3 days before arrival then a charge equal to the full booking amount will be made.
- If the booking is cancelled 7 or more days before arrival then a charge equal to 30% of the stay will be made.
- COVID-19: Subject to restricted travel due to COVID-19 Government and/or Nation Legislation a full refund will be issued up to 7 days before your arrival (less £20 administration charge). You may rearrange accommodation at House of Mark subject to availability.
- If you change your dates and House of Mark has availability there may be difference in price (higher or lower). This may be due to seasonality or different rates on weekdays versus weekends.
- If the rates are higher, you will have to pay the difference between the original price and the price for your new dates. If they are lower, the price difference will be reflected in your booking.
REDUCTION AND NO SHOW
In the event of a no show or booking reduction (after arrival date) the full cost of the booking is charged.
- All taxes are included within the rental rates.
- Occupancy: Due to fire regulations, under no circumstances shall the maximum accommodation of each room be exceeded at The House of Mark.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to reduce booking charges due to late arrival or early departure.
- Smoking: In the interests (hygiene/safety) of other users of House of Mark, a strict non-smoking policy is maintained throughout the house and within 15 metres of the property.
- Pets are only allowed in the house with the owner agreements.
- Pets are to be kept under control at all times, there are farm animals in the surrounding fields. All droppings on the premises-including and particularly in the grounds should be disposed of appropriately prior to departure.
- Please inform the owner of breakages and damage to the property. This can then be replaced or repaired for the next client. The owner reserves the right to charge for any damage or breakages.
- Checking in and checking out: Check in is generally preferred after 4:30pm on day of arrival. To enable to us to keep our rooms to a high standard of cleanliness and for the convenience of new guests arriving, it would be greatly appreciated if rooms could be vacated by 10:00 am on day of departure.
- House of Mark and or House of Mark Cottage are not be liable for any loss, damage, expense, accident, injury, illness or inconvenience whether to person or property which you or any other person may suffer or sustain arising out of or in respect of the letting or your stay.
- We strive to keep all information supplied on this website and in other literature and publications both accurate and up-to-date. However, all information should be checked independently and we cannot accept liability for any damage or loss resulting from information given or statements made whether orally, electronically or in writing.